Cogenhoe & Whiston Village Hall
and Playing Fields
The York Room is named after Alderman York who arranged for the building of the original hall in 1953.
His portrait hangs in the hall. There are also photographs from the early days of Yorks Coaches whose depot was in Short Lane.
The field is held in trust by the Parish Council for the benefit of residents of the villages and is run by the management committee with representatives from the Council and village organisations.
See committee minutes here.
We are a Registered Charity, number 304168.